My tested version of the basic staple.
TLDR: 1c rinsed rice + 1c water, high pressure for 15min, 10min natural release.
Prep time: about 3 minutes.
Cook time: about 25 minutes.
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups water
- Rinse rice and drain. (If you aren’t rinsing the rice, use more water - 1 1/4 cups; if you’re rinsing thoroughly, use just 1 cup.)
- Add rice and water to Instant Pot.
- Cook for 15min on manual high pressure.
- Allow 10 minutes after cooking (“natural release”)
- Once the keep-warm timer shows 10m, release pressure, open lid, fluff, and serve.
Note: The ratio of rice/water may need tweaking if you’re scaling up.